The food fraud prevention MOOC programs have expanded to include the new Developing an Organic Fraud Prevention Plan MOOC (free, Massive Open Online Course). This was co-developed under a project with the Organic Trade Association. It covers all organic products, not just foods. Anyone who produces, purchases, or sells organic products will benefit from this deeper dive and the real-world applications. This free course is open to all interested parties.
From the Course:
“This course is a series of training videos created in partnership with the Organic Trade Association (OTA) to support the Organic Fraud Prevention Solutions program, which is detailed in The Organic Fraud Prevention Guide.
If you are currently enrolled in the program, you will have received your Organic Fraud Prevention Guide and should refer to it as you work through this course. If you have not yet received the Guide, please contact the Organic Trade Association, [email protected].
Organic Trade Association members may now voluntarily enroll in an organic fraud prevention program to help minimize or eliminate organic fraud.
The Organic Fraud Prevention Guide was developed with the support of the Organic Trade Association’s Global Organic Supply Chain Task Force and corresponding pilot team.
Organic Trade Association homepage: https://ota.com/
- Course access: this is a free, self-paced, online course, available on demand
- Course content: introduction and initial student survey; two lessons with video lectures, reading material and progress quizzes; and closing survey
- Certificate of Completion: ($100, optional) available upon successful completion of course
- Professional training hours: 10, indicated on Certificate of Completion
- Updates: course content updated regularly*
- Support/Questions: [email protected]”