I am honored to Chair the IAFP Food Fraud Professional Development Group (FF PDG). A key activity of our PDG is the survey of our membership (below). Please complete the survey and join our PDG meeting at the IAFP conference on July 16, 2023, from 1 to 3 PM in Toronto.
Building on the pioneering work of the previous leadership of Dr. Karen Everstine, Clare Menezes, and Dr. Steven Gendel, we seek the most efficient way to serve the membership and the association. We start by asking questions in our new FF PDG Survey.
IAFP Food Fraud Professional Development Group – SURVEY
Please participate in this “interest survey” – it is your opportunity to help lead the direction of food fraud prevention. The survey is open to all IAFP, PDG members, and the public. We are reviewing our approach for 2023 and beyond.
For more background, the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) is one of the oldest and largest food professional associations. The Annual Conference has been one of the most widely attended events in the field. One important contribution to the members is the leadership of the Professional Development Group (PDG) programming.
PDGs were created to provide a forum for professional development in specific areas. Food fraud is an emerging topic in the world, and for IAFP, so we have an important role in defining the topic and the needs of the industry.
Anyone can join IAFP, and anyone who is a member can join a PDG. IAFP members can manage their involvement by logging in to the IAFP Web site. At the Member Dashboard, click “Edit Profile.” Your profile has two tabs: Contact Info and Professional Info. On this screen, you can select to join a PDG.
IAFP Food Fraud Professional Development Group – MEETING
If you are interested in taking a more active role in food fraud prevention, please consider attending our PDG meeting:
- Food Fraud PDG
- Sunday, July 16, 2023: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
- Location: IAFP 2023 Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada
- Room 714B in conference facility
IAFP 2023 Annual Meeting (International Association for Food Protection)
If you are interested in the IAFP Annual Meeting:
- IAFP 2023 Annual Meeting
- Toronto, Canada
- July 16 to 19, 2023
- REGISTRATION: https://www.foodprotection.org/annualmeeting/
- Food fraud – and the related concepts of food authenticity testing, traceability, and quality control – is still a very urgent and rapidly evolving field of study that has benefited from activities such as a ‘Professional Development Group.’
- We are close to finalizing a mission and vision to best to serve the IAPF membership and the food industry.
- Be involved, which includes submitting a new or updated survey response. And if you are attending the IAPF meeting, consider attending our Food Fraud PDG meeting.