Our Food Fraud Prevention Overview MOOC and our VACCP MOOC will be combined and offered as a live, scheduled, online webinar – MOOC Live. The live lectures will include interactive discussions and a Food Fraud Trends Update summary. Attendees will receive a pre-event survey to help shape the content and the live lectures, and they will also receive a one-on-one virtual “office hours” meeting session to discuss any questions.
The MOOC programs originally started in 2013 as live, online lectures. To increase the availability of the growing catalog of courses, in 2019 the programs shifted to a recorded, on-demand format.
Recently, we have had requests for the full MOOC program catalog to also be offered live, scheduled, and online. In part, some people told us that they’ve wanted to complete the on-demand training, but it was hard to schedule the activity. These new scheduled webinars are often easier to complete since they are set dates and times. In addition, the live lectures are more interactive and informative for attendees, who can ask questions during the discussions.
The seven current Food Fraud Prevention Academy MOOC programs will be presented in a series of four MOOC Live webinars.
Whether it is for you, members of your team, members of other teams at your company, or your suppliers, please feel free to forward this announcement and a recommendation.
- This first MOOC Live Webinar (Webinar A) combines the Food Fraud Overview MOOC and the Food Fraud Prevention VACCP Implementation MOOC.
- Register here for the November session: MOOC Live Webinar A: Food Fraud Prevention Overview MOOC and VACCP MOOC
- Attendees will receive certificates of completion for both MOOC programs.
- Each attendee will receive a half-hour virtual “office hours” meeting to discuss questions.
- The MOOC Live webinars in the series will be scheduled and announced in the coming weeks.
- The current online MOOC programs are available on-demand, but sometimes it can be challenging to make the time. The live versions of the programs can help by creating a scheduled commitment.
- The live, online webinars allow for real-time, immediate questions. In addition, the students receive the option to schedule a 1-1 virtual “office hours” to discuss issues and questions.
- Whether you are new to the topic or you have been working on food fraud prevention for years, it is always good to keep your training current. There may be areas of food fraud prevention that you might not have considered yet!
MOOC Live Webinar A: Food Fraud Prevention Overview MOOC and VACCP MOOC – November 6, 8, 13 & 15, 2023
DATES: November 6, 8, 13, & 15 (two hours each over 4 days)
TIMES (ET): 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Live webinar
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. John W. Spink, PhD
SUMMARY: A live, interactive webinar version of our on-demand asynchronous MOOCs, led by Dr. Spink. It combines the Food Fraud Prevention Overview MOOC and the Food Fraud Prevention VACCP Implementation MOOC, and covers the overview of food fraud prevention and then the details of a Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment and a Food Fraud Prevention Strategy (which together are VACCP).
- Compliance: Meet the Food Safety Management System compliance requirements for training and competency at “an appropriate level of knowledge.”
- Be confident in your understanding of how to fully implement a VACCP system.
- Live instruction by Dr. Spink includes interactive Q&A sessions.
- The course focus is tailored using a pre-event survey of attendees.
- The course concludes with a Food Fraud Trends Update that will include insight from the latest incidents or management innovations.
- Registration includes a post-event, half-hour virtual “office hours” meeting with Dr. Spink.
- Earn Certificates of Completion for both the Overview MOOC and the VACCP MOOC.
- Upon completion, attendees will have a clear understanding of the broad food fraud vulnerabilities, compliance requirements, and prevention strategies from an interdisciplinary perspective (e.g., criminology, supply chain management, food compliance, enterprise risk management, food science/ food authenticity, supply chain management, and management strategy).
- Attendees will be educated on the procedures for a Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment, Food Fraud Prevention Strategy, Food Fraud Prevention Cycle, and the overall Food Fraud Risk Management system. Together this is VACCP (vulnerability and critical control point plan).
- Attendees will receive a pre-event survey for submitting questions.
- Attendees will receive a Food Fraud Trends Update presentation.
- Attendees will receive an invitation to a virtual “office hours” session with Dr. Spink.
- Attendees will receive Certificates of Completion for both MOOCs.
- This live webinar is a broad introduction to the entire food fraud topic, from an overview of the critical compliance requirements to the detailed management activities. The focus is on the Global Food Safety Initiative-related (GFSI) benchmark for Food Safety Management Systems (E.g., FSSC22000, SQF, BRC, IFS, and others). This also considers other laws, regulations, standards, and certifications.
- Recommended attendees include employees who are recently assigned to the food fraud prevention group, or experienced employees wanting a refresher of the overarching concepts.
- LESSON 1 – FOOD FRAUD OVERVIEW MOOC (DAY 1 and DAY 2, two-hour sessions each):
- Introduction and Overview of the Food Fraud Concept
- Food Fraud Prevention
- Compliance Requirements
- Criminology and Behavioral Sciences
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM/ COSO)
- Food Fraud Trends Update
- LESSON 2 – FOOD FRAUD VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT (VACCP) MOOC (DAY 3 and DAY 4, two-hour sessions each):
- Supply Chain Management & Procurement
- Consumer Behavior and Brand Equity
- Vulnerability Assessment and Critical Control Point Plan (VACCP)
- Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment (FFVA) overview
- Food Fraud Prevention Strategy (FFPS) overview
- Process steps to create, implement, and manage the Food Fraud Risk Management strategy